Football Factory

Fabio MVP

Football Factory

Post by Fabio MVP on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:52 pm

Was watching it last night. I find to be really violent and nothing to do with football, those are not proper fans and supporters if you ask me. Is it really like that in England or?
    Vic Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Football Factory

Post by Vic Taylor on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:23 pm

I didn't watch it, but I presume it's about hoolligans and teenagers fighting "for" their team against rival fans?

Fact is, every country has groups like this. You wouldn't think so, but I'd wager every major city in the world had a group of people who are into fighting for the sake of it.

There might be deeper reasons why people get involved with them, such as being a teenager pressured into it, but mostly I agree, adults who should know better aren't real football fans if they do this, they're just looking for a fight.
    Fabio MVP

Post by Fabio MVP on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Vic Taylor wrote:I didn't watch it, but I presume it's about hoolligans and teenagers fighting "for" their team against rival fans?

Fact is, every country has groups like this. You wouldn't think so, but I'd wager every major city in the world had a group of people who are into fighting for the sake of it.

There might be deeper reasons why people get involved with them, such as being a teenager pressured into it, but mostly I agree, adults who should know better aren't real football fans if they do this, they're just looking for a fight.
    Yes, something like that. In Sarajevo we have three Premier league clubs: Sarajevo, Željezničar and Olimpik. Olimpik is not that popular, but Sarajevo and Željezničar are two most popular clubs in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

In every derby there are some incidents and I know what is going on. But, nowhere near close as that showed in 'Football Factory'. I was truly stunned what are the 'fans' doing. It's mainly about Chelsea fans.

But, again all that is just minority, right?
    Vic Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Vic Taylor on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:55 pm

Yeah, it's always a minority in cases like that. Kind of like the fact that there are still serious gangs about nowadays, but there aren't as many as there were ten years ago.

What exactly were the fans doing out of interest?
    Fabio MVP

Post by Fabio MVP on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:58 pm

Vic Taylor wrote:Yeah, it's always a minority in cases like that. Kind of like the fact that there are still serious gangs about nowadays, but there aren't as many as there were ten years ago.

What exactly were the fans doing out of interest?
    Well, they go just to provoce a fight. They were Tottenham away and Liverpool away. They were praying to get Milwall (sp?) in the League Cup, so they go to thir groud and do some fighting. They basically don't watch the games.

They do robberies (sp?) and other bad things. Two of them fucked two sisters from Milwall fans, so they were scared to go to the game. Very Happy

I was just stunned as English football (my favourite) isn't represented in that way, but as you say it's good that it's just minoritiy.
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:39 pm

That is the thing Fabio, they don't go to the games. Once upon a time they used to, and that led to a whole load of problems over here in the UK. Figting in the stands used to get well out of hand, which is why they out the fences up at the front of the stands to keep the fighting away from the pitch.

Unfortunately, althugh the fences kept the fighting fans away from the pitch, it also stopped other fans moving around. Events like Heysel and Hillsborough coiuld have been prevented had it not been for those fences. Those events changed football over here. Fans could no longer stand on the terracing and grounds had to be all seater after a certain level (Championship and above I think).

Efforts were made to wipe out the hooligan element at the football ground, and given what had happened with the fences hoolignas were outcast by the general public which mae it easier for the police to deal with. Go to any PL game and you will see policemen with cameras taking videos of the crowd. This is so they can spot hooligans inside and chuck them out. They have done a lot of work and far play to them for it.

Of course it still remains and I had a run in woth the Wolves fans a few weeks back, but generally speaking it happens well away from the gorunds now and is usually co-ordinated between the two groups in advance. Films like Football Factory are making it fashionable again although most people know it's mainly arseholes who do it.

Back in the 80's it was horrible, but thankfully times have changed and violence is kept well away from the grounds nowadays.

Check this link put and it will give you a bit of background on it, on how it was in the old days. It even mentions when Newcastle fans threw petrol bombs at West Ham fans. Aye, us Geordies were no saints either Wink
    Fabio MVP

Post by Fabio MVP on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:16 pm

baker.simon wrote:That is the thing Fabio, they don't go to the games. Once upon a time they used to, and that led to a whole load of problems over here in the UK. Figting in the stands used to get well out of hand, which is why they out the fences up at the front of the stands to keep the fighting away from the pitch.

Unfortunately, althugh the fences kept the fighting fans away from the pitch, it also stopped other fans moving around. Events like Heysel and Hillsborough coiuld have been prevented had it not been for those fences. Those events changed football over here. Fans could no longer stand on the terracing and grounds had to be all seater after a certain level (Championship and above I think).

Efforts were made to wipe out the hooligan element at the football ground, and given what had happened with the fences hoolignas were outcast by the general public which mae it easier for the police to deal with. Go to any PL game and you will see policemen with cameras taking videos of the crowd. This is so they can spot hooligans inside and chuck them out. They have done a lot of work and far play to them for it.

Of course it still remains and I had a run in woth the Wolves fans a few weeks back, but generally speaking it happens well away from the gorunds now and is usually co-ordinated between the two groups in advance. Films like Football Factory are making it fashionable again although most people know it's mainly arseholes who do it.

Back in the 80's it was horrible, but thankfully times have changed and violence is kept well away from the grounds nowadays.

Check this link put and it will give you a bit of background on it, on how it was in the old days. It even mentions when Newcastle fans threw petrol bombs at West Ham fans. Aye, us Geordies were no saints either Wink
    Hey mate, thanks for the explination. I see thing more clear now and good job on the efforts that stopped those things happening today. Well, at least to decrease the amount of it.
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:18 pm

Yeah, I hate the police but to be fair they have done a good job in geting violence away from the ground. There is still a minority that go looking for trouble of course, and that will never change and probably happens at most matches throughout the world to some degree.
    Fabio MVP

Post by Fabio MVP on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:06 am

baker.simon wrote:Yeah, I hate the police but to be fair they have done a good job in geting violence away from the ground. There is still a minority that go looking for trouble of course, and that will never change and probably happens at most matches throughout the world to some degree.
    I agree, it's hard to stop 'em all, but as long as they are minority I'm pleased. Smile

Chicha!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:14 pm