Crook Town - My Career

Acidphire21

Crook Town - My Career

Post by Acidphire21 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Ok in the past ive had great fun taking clubs from the blue square North to the prem and champions league glory, with the introduction of the new editor it allows me to start from ALOT lower down. and for this i chose Crook Town (a village in County Durham where my Aunt and Uncle live) and these start in the Northern League Division 2 in Step 11 of the Pyramid, so i have to climb up 11 leagues to just make it into the premiership, the joy.

Well a great season league wise we were expected to finish 7th but we got on an awesome run at the begining, which catapulted us to the top of the league, we then built on that and kept going to win the title, we were in danger from mid season for a few months as we dropped points left right and centre, and we 90minutes away from getting pegged down to third. but we held off our challengers and made our way into the Northern League Division one.

In Season two again we made a good start before hitting the top after 4 games, we did slip to second but once we regained top spot after 11 games, and we didnt leave it, we did at one point have an 8 point lead and we looked unasailable for the title but it did get closer towards the end but a 1-1 draw with 2nd with only 3 games left sealed the title, we did have a stumble at the end though where the last three games ended up 1-1, but we have 2 consecutive promotions and i was completely shocked.

When we moved up into the Unibond Division one North i expected a lot tougher time and so did the media predicting us to finish 15th, but so far they have been wrong twice. but I originally thought was a good way to go, only to pick up some outstanding form and get lucky with players and injuries, But we suprisingly found ourselves comfortably in the play-off spots we did have a massive wobble towards the end and ithought we were going to take poor form into the play-offs but the last league game of the season where we won comfortably helped a great deal to give us the self belive to do well and win the play-offs and make our way into the Unibond North, only 3 promotions from the football league.

Predicted 17th but some astute buys saw us pushing for the top of the league from near the start, and we finally hit the top after 28 games and we managed to hang onto it at times we were hanging on by our fingernails as Spennymoor and Corby pushed us all the way but we eventually took the title with one game remaining in the season, winning the league was down in part to the amazing defence which conceded the least amount of goals all season we did score enough to be joint top scorers thanks to Ryan Noble (ex-sunderland player Very Happy ) and Alex Robinson. we move onwards and upwards again but its going to take ALOT of wheeling and dealing to get this squad into shape for Blue Square football.
    Acidphire21

Re: Crook Town - My Career

Post by Acidphire21 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:04 am

Well this could either make my game intresting or completely destroy it for being too easy, so im slightly nervous about this:

Acidphire21

Post by Acidphire21 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:47 pm

Well the goals of LAwrie helped guide me to the blue square north title and into the following season the switch to a 4-3-3 to take advantage of the good strikers i have for this level has proved well as into the beginning of April and we find ourselves in the mix for the promotion picture at the end of the conference national.
    Acidphire21

Post by Acidphire21 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Well i predicted to finish in 21st position but our home form was the major factor that got us in the run-in in my first season up and it all kicked off with a 7-0 win over Tamworth and we continued the home form to the point that we won all bar 3 of our home games last season which does me as I’m a firm believer that we have to win our home games first and foremost. However it was our away form that crippled us losing the majority on our travels. But we took our form into the play-offs beating histon with ease only to lose in extra time to Port Vale despite pushing them all the way. But we move on and see if we can go one better next season.
    In the cups we done well winning two out of the three cups we were in but to be fair we are now expected to win the Durham cup as we are the highest placed first team in it. The FA Trophy win was a surprise though.
    Acidphire21

Post by Acidphire21 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:06 pm

A decent prediction for a change as they reckon i should be looking to finish 5th after losing the play-off final, I say I’m looking to win the league and i did by a massive margin in any other season Ludlows 95 points would have won them the league but they couldn’t get past us and our unstoppable form and 108 points we were 3 goals from breaking the 100 goal mark too but we set a lot of records as we romped into the Football league where I’m expecting a much much tougher test.
    Out of the three cups there was onlt the FA Trophy where i felt disappointed FA Cup run we had was excellent, the Durham challenge cup is becoming mine more often and we just look assured when we played, the 4-3-3 is still working as lawrie and Robinson both got over 20 goals before the other three strikers who rotate into the front line all bagged over 10 a piece.

And the club has began building the 8773 capacity Crook Stadium ready for the beginning of th2017/18 season
    Vic Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Vic Taylor on Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:26 am

Will this be continued? I'm having a clean up and want to know if I need to close the thread or not. Smile
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:13 pm

Mission lol!
    Acidphire21

Post by Acidphire21 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:26 pm

nah this is like 20 seasons behind my crook save cant really be bothered typing them all up now.
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:43 pm

Fucking idle. Get em up you lazy bassa lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:23 pm