DJ stories.

baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

DJ stories.

Post by baker.simon on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:44 pm

You may have read around here that I used to be a DJ, and without blowing my own trumpet, I was pretty good at it. Anyway, over the years I had some wonderful times, times that will live with me forever, so here I will share some stories of things that happened during them 6 or so years on the decks.

I was 16 years old and the bloke who ran my local got a promotion to a go and run a town centre pub. He served me in my local so my first thought was that I would now be able to get into a pub in town, something I struggled with as I always had a babyface. That is one of the most important things at 16, getting served in a bar. Anyway, as the weeks went on I became more regular up town and built up a freindship with this landlord and things were fine.

The pub was one of those rough ones, you know, the bars that always get the idiots who fight and take drugs etc, but it was ok. I avoided them as best I could and tried to get on with them if our paths ever crossed. It was a tactic that worked until one Friday night. The regular DJ phoned in sicj and never left any time to arrange cover. After being in the pub for a few pints already I jokingly said that I would cover for him. I don't know what came over me. I didn't have any CD's or vinyl, experience or any previous inclination to be a DJ. Holy shit I thought.

I legged upstairs into his front room and raided his stash of music, luckily he had a lot of music and luckily it was current enough to get away with playing. I took it back downstairs and into the DJ booth, stopping to down another pint at the bar on the way. I looked at the decks, the lights, the buttons, the knobs, dials, everything and that thought came over me again - holy shit.

I had a modest play around with things, just to see what slider did what mainly, before I put that first CD in and cracked on. There were 2 vinyl decks there. I always seen on the TV, DJ's playing them, and thought it looked pretty cool and how I would like to know how to do it one day. Anyway, that was too much for me to consider at that time. I had bigger things to worrk about.

The CD loaded, lights dimmed, daytime background music faded out. I pressed play. To this day I remember the first tune I played,this little ditty, experience later told me to never start a set on the 'up' like that. It's something to be built up to. I didn't have that experience.

I somehow managed to fudge through it albeit with a few mistakes, tracks overlapping each other, volume levels different, but importantly I got through it with only minimal baiting form the locals. The sense of success I felt afterwards was immense. To do something like that wothout having a clue how to do it was great, and I wanted more, I wanted to be a DJ.

I told my landlord friend and he was great, he let me practice on the decks when they were free or on quieter weekday nights whilst I set about building up a music collection. Most of my spare time and money was spent throwing myself into this dream that had fallen upon me, in the end it would be worth it, if only for the women and beer!

That is how it all started, check back for updates and comment please Smile
    roykela

Re: DJ stories.

Post by roykela on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:03 pm

Brilliant story. What a way to start your Dj'ing. Love the tune Smile

Was it a good thing to have a few pints inside or did that make the debut worse?

Probably would feel the same thing looking at everything the first time lol!

Great story tho. Love it. And well done Smile
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:09 pm

I dunno really. I suppose the beer would have made me relax a bit more but I couldn't say if it would have been easier wiithout it. I may not have made made the balls ups if I was sober, or I may have been so concious of everything being sober that I faded away. I'll write another one soon, just wanted to set the scene first Wink
    roykela

Post by roykela on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:13 pm

baker.simon wrote:I dunno really. I suppose the beer would have made me relax a bit more but I couldn't say if it would have been easier wiithout it. I may not have made made the balls ups if I was sober, or I may have been so concious of everything being sober that I faded away. I'll write another one soon, just wanted to set the scene first Wink

And a great job with setting it u did. KUTGW
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:12 pm

Anyway, off I went and I made the Friday night slot my own. Steadily improving and building up my record collection. Then "bam", a bolt out of the blue. Some body had bought the pub. That meant new owners and a possible end to my fledgling career. After all, my mate knew how old I was but these new people didn't, and if they did find out then it would be the end of me.

One night they came into the pub and my mate pointed them out as the new owners. He was short, but built like a tank. A Birmingham fan aswell. She was stunning, massive knockers, 23 years old at the time, blonde hair, out of my league but a cracker to look at, a nice person aswell! We had a chat about how I would fit into their plans. They came from a big city and university town so were used to running pubs that had entertainment every night. The desicion was that I would get Thurdsday and Sunday nights. That suited me to be honest, Thursday was cheap night generally and was always busy!

As the discussion went on things went well. Out of the blue the woman asked how old I was. Shit! Without thinking I lied. "18" I replied. It worked, that was close. The next few weeks went by well, regulars still came back, the arseholes went away and I was still getting better, good enough to step up to Friday nights to cover the main DJ. He was good though and had been doing it for years, and he had his own little clique that followed him around. He had to give up Friday nights in the end, the money he could earn elsewhere meant it was a no-brainer although he still remained loyal on his Saturday nights. It meany another shuffle, it was now me on a Thursday and Friday, dropping the Sunday altogether as business really didn't warrant entertainment.

I needed a name, my original one wasn't egdey enough to catch on and DJ Simon just never sounded right. The new owner, his name was Mike, always called me Sy and so that was the name that stuck. DJ Sy, I could get used to this.
    roykela

Post by roykela on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Catchy name, for a lying bastard lol!

Can't wait for the next update bounce
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:52 pm

roykela wrote:Catchy name, for a lying bastard lol!

Can't wait for the next update bounce

Lying? I'm confused?
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Scrub that, just got it lol!
    roykela

Post by roykela on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:25 pm

baker.simon wrote:Scrub that, just got it lol!

lol!
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:25 pm

Remember that out of my league blonde I mentioned earlier? This one is about her! Twisted Evil

Anyway, I got better and eventually got the christmas eve gig. It went brilliantly, the place was rammed, everyone was steaming but it was all in good humour. The oub shut and we had a bit of a lock in, and got more hammered. The owners didn't have kids or anything so they didn't need to get up early for Christmas morning.

I always kind of had the feeling that Claire liked me. I don't no why i got it, I just did. I put it down to me wanting her to like me and thinking it rather than it actually happening. Anyway, you can guess where this story is going, we ended up aloine and for the life of me I can't remember why. But we did, and things happened. Twisted Evil
    Did I feel bad? Yes! Would I have done it again? Hell yeah. Christmas morning I had a massive grin on my face. She text me aswell, which I thought was strange as I put it down to drunkeness and thought she would want to forget about and mention it again. The text said 'Merry Christmas x x x'. Simple enough not to look obvious to any prying eyes, but I knew what she meant.
    roykela

Post by roykela on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Niiiiiice pull there Twisted Evil
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:52 pm

It gets better, later Twisted Evil
    roykela

Post by roykela on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:55 pm

Gooood. Can't wait to read about that. I have to wait tho.
    Time to go Sleep
    Need to be wide awake for the course i'm attending. That sucks. My bedtimes now makes me feel like i'm 5 years old again.
    But in all fairness, so does my computer gaming afro
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:58 pm

Night night mate Smile
    Fabio MVP

Post by Fabio MVP on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:44 pm

Great story Simon. I wish I had a chance to be a DJ. Smile
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:30 am

There is more to come yet Fabio. I'm only just starting Twisted Evil
    roykela

Post by roykela on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:36 am

bakermans avatar is actually a photograph taken by a paparazzi on one of bakermans gigs.
    That's him with owner bouncealot.

The reason why it looks like Mario and the Princess, is because of all the flashing lights, and the paparazzi couldn't hold still, nor focus. And as a freak coincidence a volcano erupted at the same time.

Voilá, and you got that picture elephant
    Fabio MVP

Post by Fabio MVP on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Okay Roy, you might want to begin writing your version of Simons story. Very Happy Very Happy
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:06 pm

Finished DJ'in one night and decided to have a few drinks after the place had closed. I remember these two lads and this girl spending most of the night in the pub before moving off as the place was closing. The girl was nothing special, and of the 2 lads you could tell one of them was a bit slow, but he was nice enough and chatted away all night long and the other one was in the same year as me at school. Anyway, I digress. So yeah, blissfully drinking at the bar, just the select few staying behind as is the usual type of scenario with these lock ins.

I looked at the clock and it said 4am. Holy shit man. I'd been drinking for 10 hours straight! Anyway, all the curtains were shut so we couldn't see out, and most importantly, nobody could see in. As I said, time got on and I was supposed to be going clubbing afterwards. I never made it obviously and I was proper hammered.

On my coat went, I said my goodbye's and off I went. I got to the front door, opened it up and it was like World War 3. Police everywhere, blood everywhere, police crime scene tape everywhere. Bearing in mind I was illegally in a pub after hours I though it best to slam the door behind me and run back inside. I told people what was going on outside and they started peeking through the curtains to have a look.

In a nutshell, some bloke had been stabbed in the head something like 30 times just outside the pub, whilst we were all blissfully unaware. Obviously he died. It was only a few days later when things started coming out in the wash. Turns out that the simple lad and my school friend had started arguing over this bird. Things got heated and that was the end result. My school friend killed the the other guy through jealousy. Not nice to see, well see the aftermath of anyway.

I'll have more cheery stories, don't worry lol!
    Fabio MVP

Post by Fabio MVP on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:15 am

Good one before bad time. Very Happy Very Happy Bird=girl?
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:22 am

Bird = girl. Correct Smile
    Fabio MVP

Post by Fabio MVP on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:27 pm

Cool synonim. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:22 pm

I had a night off once and decided to catch up with my mate who started me off DJ'ing. By this time he had another pub so I went in there for a bit. I got steaming, as was the usual thing to do, and before I know it we were drinkong after hours, and he kept 2 women behind Wink

They were both older, a fair bit older, than us but we carried on drinking. The slightly less ugly one was the one my mate was chasing which left me with the ugly sister. Still, I took one for the team so to speak and kept her occupied so my mate could have his way.

Off we went back to this woman's house. No joke she must have been about 40 and I was only 17/18 at the time. We had a smoke and hit the bed, by this time I was too drunk to really care. Two things stick in my memory, 3 things possibly.

1) I remember her getting naked, and I remember the wart on her leg. Fecking digusting.

2) The worst one! I remember her daughter walking in on us. It turns out I went to school with her daughter! How embarrasing!

3) The 4 mile walk home in the morning, looking like shit, feeling like shit. I just had to get out of there Sad
    Fabio MVP

Post by Fabio MVP on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:38 pm

2) Actually, cool IMO. Very Happy
    roykela

Post by roykela on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:12 pm

If you'd gone for her daugther afterwards you could've told her, at least her mother approves lol!
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:29 pm

I doubt her daughter would have touched me after that lol!
    Vic Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Vic Taylor on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:30 pm

I can only imagine the crap you had to put up with at school for that. lol!
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:39 pm

I had left school mate. I never seen the daughter again until I tried pulling on of her mates. She chose that time to announce that I had slept with her mum. I didn't pull her mate after that Sad
    roykela

Post by roykela on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Awww, now that was just mean of her.
    Damn her Twisted Evil
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:18 pm

After I had been DJ'ing for a year or so, I got approached by some dude who ran a club. He asked if I would be interested in doing a night there. Of course I snapped his hand off. He was about 45, his missus was about 40 (and hot for her age) and they both seemed fine whenever I had met them previously.

Cairo Jax the place was called. It wasn't fantastic, but it was still a step up in my mind.

I went to the pub for a few drinks and to get my vinyl and cd's before I started at the club. I had a few comments such as 'enjoy your night' combined with some pats on the back and some jovial comments. I must admit, alarm bells did start ringing but I just thought I was readin too much into it.

Anyway, I arrived at the venue before it opened and this man and his wife were there. He wearing leather trousers and his wife was wearing a short skirt and thigh lenght boots. Nice Twisted Evil

Then I saw some more people turning up, young and attractive. I thought it was excellent an was surely going to have a great night. I started the music off and not a lot happened, although it was still early so I didn't really mind. I was so engrossed in what I was doing in the DJ that I didn't really notice what was going on to be honest. More people turned up though, which was nice.

On the off chance I looked out of the DJ box, to see these young women dancing on a podium, in just underwear! It was great to watch, but then I looked around. Everywhere I looked, couples were getting off with each other. Turns out I had agreed to DJ at a swingers party!

I dodn't mind, I was getting paid for it, although I doubt it really mattered how well I was doing or what music I was playing! I decided to continue what I was doing and keep a low profile for the rest of the night, and drink, and drink more!

To be continued Twisted Evil
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:52 pm

Part 2

By the end of the night I was absolutely steaming. I just found myself playing tunes as the crowd were not really interested in what I was doing Wink

Anyway, I met the man and his wife who organised the 'event' and asked to be paid so I could bugger off. They told me they had run out of cash but they had some more at home. I told them not to worry and we would square up another time. They wouldn't have that and told me to come back to their flat for a drink. It was only a 2 minute walk away from town so I agreed.

In we went and had another drink. I don't really remember much, but I know the bloke left the room for some reason. Anyway, whilst he was gone his wife pounced on me. She was all over me, had her hands down my pants and we were in the bedroom before I knew it having mad sex.

I forgot about the husband to be honest, until I saw a flash of light and realised he was in the corner of the dark room taking pictures. Unsure what to do I carried on regardless and he joined in as we top and tailed his wife for the rest of the night!

One night I will never forget and we never stopped until daylight. Brilliant!

Twisted Evil

I still have no idea where those photographs are Sad
    Fabio MVP

Post by Fabio MVP on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:02 pm

I can't believe it! What if your balls touched his balls, you weren't thinking about that haben't you?! :O Very Happy
    baker.simon
    Admin
    Admin

Post by baker.simon on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:06 pm

No it wasn't like that Very Happy

He was at her face and I was working down below with her being the meat in the middle Very Happy
    Fabio MVP

Post by Fabio MVP on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:13 pm

Phew. You scared me! Very Happy
    roykela

Post by roykela on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:48 pm

Gave me a scare there as well for a while.

Good thing that's sorted then Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:57 am